Palm Springs - Fine-Art Canvas
- Did you know in the 1920's Palm Springs became established as THE vacation spot for Hollywood's leading men and glamour girls?
- Today over 13 million people vacation in Palm Springs each year!
- Show your passion for the glamour and history of Palm Springs. Purchase this vintage travel style art print today!
Hollywood and Palm Springs have a long history, with the many beautiful resorts in Palm Springs being a hangout for star celebrities since its inception. One story claims Frank Capra wrote the screenplay for Lost Horizon poolside at the La Quinta Resort in 1937. As word of this luxury escape spread throughout Hollywood glamorous stars such as Greta Garbo, Clark Gable and Shirley Temple began escaping to La Quinta Resort in Palm Springs.
By the end of the 1930's this famous Palm Springs resort builds six tennis courts where Hollywood legends including Gary Cooper, Lana Turner and Jane Wyman stay active during their frequent visits. In the 1950's Ginger Rogers marries Jacques Bergerac in front of the waterfall at this desert hideaway. At the end of the decade the resort's new golf course is a hit with celebrities and even President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
When you dream of traveling to Palm Springs you probably imagine yourself in a cool convertible or sports car with the breeze in your hair and the sun glistening off the car's beautiful paintwork. Cruise through the mid canterbury marvels of Palm Springs and head for the La Quinta valley where stunning vistas and relaxation await.
La Quinta Resort & Club still operates to this day. Now featuring tennis, gold, swimming, and a beautiful spa along with beautiful villas and guest casitas. A great way to experience the luxury of Palm Springs with a touch of Hollywood glamour.
This vintage travel poster style illustration is inspired by the historic La Quinta Resort in Palm Springs and showcases the timeless beauty of the desert Southwest. You can imagine vacationing in Palm Springs each time you glance at it. The perfect way to enjoy the feeling of a relaxing vacation getaway even when you are at home.
One of the surviving historic resorts in Palm Springs, the La Quinta Resort reminds us of a time gone by when Hollywood's elite could escape the public eye for fun in the sun in Palm Springs. This Museum-quality art print of Palm Springs is a collaboration between Speedwell and Oktopolis and illustrated by artist: Brian Miller (Star Wars, The X-Files, Doctor Who) and produced on heavy matte, acid-free, archival paper.
Order today and imagine yourself staying at this beautiful desert retreat every time you look at this vintage style travel poster.
Archival Quality and Environmentally Friendly
- Archival Quality Giclée Print Process
- Industry standard for High-Quality Canvas Art
- Fade resistant pigments for ultimate color clarity
Vibrant, Damage Resistant Canvas
- 20.5 mil thick poly-cotton blend canvas
- Fade, Tear, Water, Scratch, and Warp Resistant
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
- Matte finish coating
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
- Gallery wrap over frame 1.5" deep
- Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars
- All Canvas Art arrive with mounting brackets included
- Unwrap and hang right out of the box
Handmade in the USA
- Quality-assured with thoughtfully sourced materials
Order today and imagine visiting glamorous Palm Springs every time you see this artwork in your home.