Apollo Lunar Module - Fine-Art Canvas
If launching astronauts from Earth to the moon was one of humankind's biggest achievements getting those astronauts home safely was an even bigger challenge.
During the early 1960's NASA was looking at multiple proposals for how best to get to the moon, land, and return. In the end the Apollo Lunar Module (also known as LEM for lunar excursion module) was chosen as the best chance to achieve the goals of NASA's mission.
On July 20th, 1969 with the the first lunar lander named Eagle, touched down on the moon's surface as part of the Apollo 11 mission. Four days later the the Lunar Module's ascent stage blasted off from the moon's surface and rejoined the command module, already in orbit around the moon. The astronauts jettisoned the LEM's ascent stage and set their course for Earth, splashing down safely in the Pacific Ocean, completing President John F. Kennedy's goal "before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth."
In all six Lunar Modules landed on the moon and each crew was able to return home. The final moon mission to use the LEM was Apollo 17, launched on December 7th, 1972 and was NASA's final manned moon landing. This artwork is inspired by those historic NASA missions and celebrates the brave astronauts who went to the moon and back.
Show your love for scientific exploration by proudly displaying this fine art print in your home. This Apollo Lunar Module artwork is one in a series of collectable SPACE EXPLORATION art by illustrator Brian Miller available exclusively from Oktopolis. You can be among the first to add this new art to your collection.
This Museum-quality canvas art is illustrated by artist: Brian Miller (Star Wars, The X-Files, Doctor Who) and produced on heavy matte, acid-free, archival canvas.
Archival Quality and Environmentally Friendly
- Archival Quality Giclée Print Process
- Industry standard for High-Quality Canvas Art
- Fade resistant pigments for ultimate color clarity
Vibrant, Damage Resistant Canvas
- 20.5 mil thick poly-cotton blend canvas
- Fade, Tear, Water, Scratch, and Warp Resistant
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
- Matte finish coating
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
- Gallery wrap over frame 1.5" deep
- Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars
- All Canvas Art arrive with mounting brackets included
- Unwrap and hang right out of the box
Handmade in the USA
- Quality-assured with thoughtfully sourced materials
Order now and relive the Apollo lunar landings every time you see this artwork in your home.