Aspen — Fine-Art Canvas
- Did you know Aspen, Colorado was originally founded as a Silver mining town around 1879?
- Sitting at 8000 feet elevation along the Roaring Fork River and nestled among the mountains Aspen eventually became America's winder wonderland and a popular destination for skiing and snowboarding!
- Enjoy a virtual trip to ski country when you purchase this vintage travel style art print today!
The Aspen Skiing Company was founded in 1946 and by 1950 the city had become a well-known haven for winter sports. The area would continue to grow with the development of three additional ski areas, Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands, and Snowmass between 1958-1967.
The Winter X Games sports event has been held in Aspen at the Buttermilk ski area since 2002. Aspen natives Torin Yater-Wallace and Alex Ferreira are both freestyle skiers who compete in the Winter X Games and have very successful careers. Both Torin and Alex have represented the United States of America in Men's Ski SuperPipe at the Olympic Games.
In the 1960s and 1970s Aspen became a popular retreat for celebrities like gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson who worked out of a downtown hotel. Singer John Denver wrote two songs about Aspen which helped to popularize the city as an ideal place to live.
There are many significant historic buildings in downtown Aspen including Aspen Community Church, Wheeler Opera House, Pitkin County Courthouse, Armory Hall or Fraternal Hall, Elks building, Cowenhaven Ute City Banque building, Independence building, and Hotel Jerome. Some of the historic buildings have been converted into shops while others serve the community as governmental buildings, hotels, and performance venues.
Even though Aspen has some of the most expensive real estate in the United States, it still remains a popular tourist destination, with outdoor recreation in the surrounding White River National Forest serving as a summertime complement to the four ski areas in the vicinity.
This vintage travel poster style illustration is inspired by the beautiful snow covered mountains of Aspen, Colorado and showcases the ideal location for winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. You can imagine riding the ski lift to the top of the mountain and hitting the slopes every time you glance at this artwork. The perfect way to enjoy the sensation of a ski vacation even when you are at home.
This Museum-quality art print of Aspen, Colorado is illustrated by artist: Brian Miller (Star Wars, The X-Files, Doctor Who) and produced on heavy matte, acid-free, archival paper. Available exclusively from Oktopolis.
Order today and enjoy a virtual trip to the snowy slopes of Aspen every time you look at this vintage style travel poster.
Archival Quality and Environmentally Friendly
- Archival Quality Giclée Print Process
- Industry standard for High-Quality Canvas Art
- Fade resistant pigments for ultimate color clarity
Vibrant, Damage Resistant Canvas
- 20.5 mil thick poly-cotton blend canvas
- Fade, Tear, Water, Scratch, and Warp Resistant
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
- Matte finish coating
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
- Gallery wrap over frame 1.5" deep
- Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars
- All Canvas Art arrive with mounting brackets included
- Unwrap and hang right out of the box
Handmade in the USA
- Quality-assured with thoughtfully sourced materials
Order today and imagine visiting the winter wonderland of Aspen every time you see this artwork in your home.
BUY 3 and Save Big!
Save 20% OFF when you purchase andy 3 or more travel art prints. Mix and match any 3 travel art prints or canvas and automatically receive 20% off. Discount applied at checkout. Free shipping for all U.S. orders over $25.00.