Wigwam Village — Fine-Art Canvas
- Did you know less than 45% of the original Wigwam Village motels survive today?
- Each year vintage neon signs, diners, and motels along Historic Route 66 are being demolished and lost forever.
- Show your passion for Route 66 and Historic Places. Purchase this vintage travel style art print today!
Have you ever planned to motor west? The great American road trip brings to mind roadside attractions, 50’s style diners, and of course kitschy motels. You will find some of the best of these along what’s left of historic Route 66, including one of the original Wigwam Villages in Holbrook, Arizona.
Driving in the heart of the Painted Desert you may see signs inviting you to "Stay in a Wigwam". While there you can visit Petrified Forest National Park, take a trip to see the Red Rocks of Sedona, see the famous Meteor Crater, and even drive North to Grand Canyon National Park before returning to the cozy comfort of your very own Wigwam for the night. Is there a better way to get your kicks way out west?
The Wigwam Village in Arizona was originally built in 1950 on Route 66 and has been listed in the National Register of Historic Places since 2002. If you continue West you will find another surviving Wigwam Motel in San Bernardino, California which has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 2012. Of the 7 original Wigwam Villages, who invited you to "eat and sleep in a Wigwam," only 3 survive today. The oldest Wigwam Village still standing is in Cave City, Kentucky and was built in 1937.
This vintage travel poster style illustration is inspired by those original Wigwam Villages and showcases the timeless beauty of the desert Southwest. You can imagine spending the night at a Wigwam Village each time you glance at it. The perfect way to enjoy the feeling of freedom you get on a road trip even when you are at home.
One of the surviving attractions of U.S. Route 66 history, the Wigwam Village reminds us of a time gone by when you could get your kicks on Route 66. This Museum-quality art print of a Wigwam Village is illustrated by artist: Brian Miller (Star Wars, The X-Files, Doctor Who) and produced on heavy matte, acid-free, archival canvas.
Order today and imagine yourself driving through the painted desert every time you look at this vintage style travel poster.
Archival Quality and Environmentally Friendly
- Archival Quality Giclée Print Process
- Industry standard for High-Quality Canvas Art
- Fade resistant pigments for ultimate color clarity
Vibrant, Damage Resistant Canvas
- 20.5 mil thick poly-cotton blend canvas
- Fade, Tear, Water, Scratch, and Warp Resistant
- Printed on textured and fade-resistant canvas (OBA-Free)
- Acid-free, PH neutral, poly-cotton base
- Matte finish coating
- Hand-stretched over solid wood stretcher bars
- Gallery wrap over frame 1.5" deep
- Hand glued solid wood stretcher bars
- All Canvas Art arrive with mounting brackets included
- Unwrap and hang right out of the box
Handmade in the USA
- Quality-assured with thoughtfully sourced materials
Order now and imagine yourself traveling along historic Route 66 every time you see this artwork in your home.
HOLIDAY SHOPPING? Order by Dec 15 to ensure delivery before Dec 23!